Calendar of Events
Please join us at Royal Hawaiian Center! Enjoy ongoing events and entertainment or center-wide celebrations. Nou Ka Hale— Our House is Your House.
Call our Helumoa Hale Guest Services & Heritage Room at (808) 922-2299 for event details.
July 2014 >>
(click on a day for event listings)
Live Colorfully Instagram Contest
Royal Hawaiian Center Live Colorfully Instagram Giveaway
- July 7, 2014-August 7, 2014
- Royal Hawaiian Center
July 25, 2014 Events:
Events & Entertainment
Ku'uipo Kumukahi & The Hawaiian Music Hall of Fame Serenaders
The Hawaiian Music Hall of Fame Serenaders delivers the Hawaiian culture through the sounds of music and hula.
- 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Complimentary Cultural Programming
- Paʻina Lanai Food Court, Level 2, Building B
- Learn basic chords and songs as you strum Hawai'i's best-known string instrument, introduced to the islands in the 1870s from Portugal. 25 instruments and music books are provided, but you are welcome to bring your own, or purchase one at Bob's 'Ukulele at Royal Hawaiian Center. Instructors Wainani Yim and Puake'ala Mann are seasoned performers who share favorite songs and simple chords. 1 hour, four times weekly.
Lei Making Class
- Level 1, Building A
- Making, giving and wearing flower lei is synonymous with Hawaiian hospitality. Naomi Wahinekaupua Braine, owner of Aunty Bella’s Lei Stand, shares the kui method of stringing flowers using special lei needles, usally 10in length. Seasonal flowers, string and lei needles are provided. Classes accommodate up to 25 participants. 1 hour lesson.
- The Royal Grove
- Hawaiian music and hula 'auana (hula’s modern form) fill The Royal Grove Tuesday through Friday at twilight. Hour-long performances feature top island entertainers with a focus on Hawaiian language musical favorites – shared with kama 'äina (locals) and malihini (visitors) with aloha.