Calendar of Events
Please join us at Royal Hawaiian Center! Enjoy ongoing events and entertainment or center-wide celebrations. Nou Ka Hale— Our House is Your House.
Call our Helumoa Hale Guest Services & Heritage Room at (808) 922-2299 for event details.
October 2014 >>
(click on a day for event listings)
Fabulous Upcoming Events
Join us for exciting events happening at the Center.
- Holiday Events
- Royal Hawaiian Center
Waikiki Roots & Royal Style Fashion Show
Royal Hawaiian Center celebrates Hawaii Fashion Month with "Waikiki Roots & Royal Style"
- November 22, 2014 at 5:00 PM
- 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
- The Royal Grove
Holiday Kick Off!
Royal Hawaiian Center Lights Up The Holiday Season With Santa Marty and Hawaiian Entertainment.
- November 26, 2014 at 6:00 PM
- 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Royal Grove
October 31, 2014 Events:
Events & Entertainment
Ku'uipo Kumukahi & The Hawaiian Music Hall of Fame Serenaders
The Hawaiian Music Hall of Fame Serenaders delivers the Hawaiian culture through the sounds of music and hula.
- 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Complimentary Cultural Programming
- Helumoa Hale Guest Services & Heritage Room
- Learn basic chords and songs as you strum Hawai'i's best-known string instrument, introduced to the islands in the 1870s from Portugal. 25 instruments and music books are provided, but you are welcome to bring your own, or purchase one at Bob's 'Ukulele at Royal Hawaiian Center. Instructors Wainani Yim and Puake'ala Mann are seasoned performers who share favorite songs and simple chords. 1 hour, five times weekly.
Lomilomi Hawaiian Massage
- Building C, Level 3
- Hawaiian massage – lomilomi – is a centuries old healing practice. Pi‘ilani Wright, a certified practitioner, demonstrates lomilomi basics with class participants paired up to learn and apply simple techniques. Partners then switch giving each student the opportunity to experience both giving and receiving lomilomi. 1 hour, twice weekly.
Tom Cummings, Mea Ha’i Mo’olelo (master storyteller)
- Helumoa Hale Guest Services & Heritage Room Guest Services & Heritage Room
Mo'olelo Mondays — "Storytelling With Stuff."
Mo'olelo are stories, and Uncle Tom Cummings shares them with great enthusiasm using props and visuals collected through the years that he playfully describes as "stuff."
Enjoy mo'olelo about Hawai'i's people, history, legends, environment, plants, animals and more.
- Building A, Level 1
- Making, giving and wearing flower lei is synonymous with Hawaiian hospitality. Naomi Wahinekaupua Braine, owner of Aunty Bella’s Lei Stand, shares the kui method of stringing flowers using special lei needles, usally 10in length. Seasonal flowers, string and lei needles are provided. Classes accommodate up to 25 participants. 1 hour lesson.
- The Royal Grove
- Hawaiian music and hula 'auana (hula’s modern form) fill The Royal Grove Monday through Friday at twilight. Hour-long performances feature top island entertainers with a focus on Hawaiian language musical favorites – shared with kama 'äina (locals) and malihini (visitors) with aloha.