Calendar of Events
Please join us at Royal Hawaiian Center! Enjoy ongoing events and entertainment or center-wide celebrations. Nou Ka Hale— Our House is Your House.
Call our Helumoa Hale Guest Services & Heritage Room at (808) 922-2299 for event details.
June 2016 >>
(click on a day for event listings)
Jibanyan at Royal Hawaiian Center
Meet Japan's Popular YO-KAI WATCH Character Jibanyan at Royal Hawaiian Center! Photo opportunities with the Hawaii Tourism Ambassador Jibanyan are free and limited to first 20 families!!
- April 2016 - March 2017
- 5:00 PM – 5:30 PM
- Royal Grove
Stillwater Community Band
The Stillwater Community Band was reformed in the summer of 1992 (the original Stillwater Band was formed on July 4, 1906), giving free concerts for the enjoyment of the players and community.
- July 5, 2016
- 12:30 AM – 12:30 AM
Little Star Dance
Kirakirahikaru Arts Japan is a project of Little Star Dance, based in Meguro ward in Tokyo. This year 17 members are proud to perform at the Royal Hawaiian Center in Waikiki. Please enjoy their original arrangement of folkloric dance from Japan and Asia.
- July 15, 2016 at 6:00 PM
- 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
7th Annual Waikiki Steel Guital Festival
The 7th Annual Waikiki Steel Guitar Festival will be held on Saturday, July 16, 2016 at the Royal Hawaian Center's Royal Grove (Helumoa) and will feature Hawaii's favorite steel guitar masters and Next Generation steel guitarists in an expanded program. This year's event again precedes the
- July 16, 2016 at 4:00 PM
- 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
R ummer Lovin' Fashion Show
Our Summer R Magazine comes to life with the "R Summer Lovin' Fashion Show" Pop up fashion shows around the Center featuring local and national brands showcasing the best outfits to wear right now. More details to come...
- July 28, 2016 at 6pm
- 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
June 30, 2016 Events:
Events & Entertainment
Shop Hawaii Program
Special promotions for Discover, Diners Club International, GBC, JCB and Union Pay cardholders. Visit participating boutiques, shop their exclusive offer and pay with one of the cards listed above.
Enjoy nahenahe (sweet) music, stories, hula and smiles by Pu'uhonua.
- 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Complimentary Cultural Programming
Polynesian Cultural Center Show
- Royal Grove
- The Polynesian Cultural Center Mini Show gives you a look at what experiences awaits you at the islands of Samoa, Aotearoa, Tonga, Fiji, Tahiti and Hawaii. This world-famous cultural theme park is located on the North Shore with over 42-acres of large lagoons, waterfalls, lush tropical flora, and even an “erupting” volcano.
- Building B, Level 1 — Helumoa Hale Guest Services & Heritage Room
- Learn basic chords and songs as you strum Hawai'i's best-known string instrument, introduced to the islands in the 1870s from Portugal. 25 instruments and music books are provided, but you are welcome to bring your own, or purchase one at Bob's 'Ukulele at Royal Hawaiian Center. Instructors Wainani Yim and Puake'ala Mann are seasoned performers who share favorite songs and simple chords.
Owing to the popularity of our ukulele classes, we have implemented a number system. Guests can retrieve a number (1-25) from Helumoa Hale Guest Services staff starting at 10am in order to secure their place in the class.
- Building A, Level 1
- Our Lauhala Weaving Class will cover the basic skills, technique, preparation and crafting of hala leaves into wearable Hawaiian art, such as a bracelet. Kumu Bill Keoua Nelson, who comes from a long line of prominent lauhala weavers, conducts this family friendly class.
- The Royal Grove
- Hawaiian music and hula 'auana (hula’s modern form) fill The Royal Grove Monday through Friday at twilight. Hour-long performances feature top island entertainers with a focus on Hawaiian language musical favorites — shared with kama 'äina (locals) and malihini (visitors) with aloha.
Rock-A-Hula - Mini Promotional Show
- The Royal Grove
- Rock-A-Hula is energizing, crowd-pleasing entertainment, a truly memorable and fun night out. We are confident of bringing to Waikiki a new level of cosmopolitan and entertaining nightlife that enjoys a track record of close to three decades of success.